Saturday, November 26, 2011

Copehagen: The Highlights

  • Hotdogs, hold the mayo
  • Ristet hotdog
  • Torvehallerne (a covered market)
    • Best buys?
      • Anges Cupcakes: Hands down the best carrot cupcake I’ve ever had, and I ate it for breakfast.  Now that’s ambition.
      • Agnes Cupcakes
          Up close: carrot and red velvet cupcakes
            Hard at work
      • Coffee Collective: At the counter, an employee describes the flavor characteristics of the coffees available that day.  When I went to the market, there were two types of filter coffee available: Brazilian and Kenyan.  When I stepped up to the counter, the employee first told me about the Brazilian coffee, which has a “round” flavor.  I was too busy wondering what the hell “round” meant to listen to his description of Kenyan coffee, so Brazilian coffee it was.  It worked out just fine though because my coffee turned out to be delicious.  Plus, the Coffee Collective is known for its dedication to fresh ingredients, so it doesn't really matter what you order--it'll be good; the workers crush the coffee beans to order and hand filter a cup just for you.
      • Coffee Collective
          Hand-filtering the coffee.  The map along the back wall indicates the areas from which the cafe imports its coffee.

      •  CafĂ© Rosa: This lady can bake.  I waited to eat my ginger snaps until I got back to Rome, and I was not disappointed.  I saved a few cookies, thinking I’d have them with milk one morning.  I have yet to wake up in time for breakfast, so they continue to stare me down from my bedside table.  We’ll see if I hold out.
  • Making (well, watching people make) dinner and dessert from scratch.  The honey-chicken stir-fry was delicious!
  • Christmas at Tivoli (just look at the pictures)
  • Danish children’s attire
  • Biking, minus the bruising
  • Outside Torvehallerne
  •  The “adult playground”
  • Bieber Parade
  •  The smell and feel of fall!

  • Oh, and seeing Amelia too

No comments:

Post a Comment